Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Another Mother's Day has come and gone. This is a holiday that has become particularly difficult for me over the past few years. Well-meaning people say "Happy Mother's Day!" while we are out and about, and I just smile and then grumble something (hopefully) inaudible. This year I avoided it all by staying home and playing in the dirt. I planted flowers, and Pete began working on building a new flower bed. I'm staring to think I'm beyond the acceptable ratio of flowers-to-grass in my tiny yard, but what can I say. It was a beautiful day, and gardening usually makes me happy.


I was not in the best mood, but something did cheer me up a bit. I called my mom's house to wish her a happy mother's day, and my sister answered the phone. She said cheerfully, "Happy Future Mother's Day!" I responded with the same, since she is a future aunt, after all. Her message meant a lot to me, and gave me hope. Hope that this will be my last difficult Mother's Day, and reassurance that I WILL be a mother some day. Thanks, Sis!


In case anyone is wondering, no, there is no adoption news. We had a meeting at the agency in April, but they had nothing new to tell. No news at all. It's pretty difficult for me right now, hearing nothing but "be patient." Ugh. I hate that word.

1 comment:

  1. I also feel very confident that you will have a little bambino (bambina?) by next Mother's Day!

    Let's try to meet up soon!!!

    ReplyDelete