Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day weekend

We had a very busy and productive Mother's Day weekend this year.  Pete was in Alabama all week, so when he got home Friday evening we hit the ground running!  Or more accurately, I hit the front door running for the mall so I could find us some nice picture clothes.

On Saturday morning we had Brady's two-year old pictures taken.  Normally we go to Picture People, Portrait Innovations, or one of the other strip mall type establishments.  But I've been lobbying hard for two years to get actual professional photos taken, and I finally wore Pete down (and it didn't hurt that Mother's Day and our anniversary are this month, so there are two gifts he didn't have to get)!  We headed out the the western part of the county where it's rural and definitely more scenic.  We would be taking pictures outside, so Brady will love it, right?  He'll be a natural, just smiling, laughing, running, and playing, right?  Of course not!  Enter the terrible twos, I guess, right on schedule.  I was prepared to have to go to Target for a photo do-over, but I was pleasantly surprised when the photographer emailed me a few sample shots.  Clearly she's a master at editing, because I don't remember seeing Brady smile one time!

After the trauma of the morning, we decided we'd push our luck with another fun outing.  Strawberries are ripe at the local farms, so we headed out for a little strawberry picking.  Brady liked this much better than picture taking, so it was a success.  And the strawberries were so good- super sweet and fresh.

On Sunday Pete helped Mark move out of our basement and into his new apartment.  Top that off with mowing, cleaning, and cooking, and you've got a full weekend!  Whew, I'm glad it's Monday so we can slow down.


A morning at the park


Horseback riding is serious business

A tractor! Do you see it?!


Brady gives a strawberry a tug

Forget strawberries, this flag is much more fun!




We found a cool park near the strawberry farm with a gravel pit complete with trucks


Here's a sampling of Brady's 2 year old pictures




No comments:

Post a Comment