Monday, August 27, 2012

First day of preschool

Today was Brady's first day of preschool!  I've been very nervous about this day for a long time, but all in all it was a success.

Brady got to meet his teachers and play in the classroom for a couple hours on Friday, and I think that really helped.  Plus we've been reading and talking about school for months now so he would know what to expect.

We walked to the bus stop this morning and Brady was really excited for the school bus to come.  He would yell for the school bus (as if it were playing hide-and-seek).  It finally came, but he was a little unsure when the time came to get on.  The bus aides strapped him in and they let me on for a quick picture.

The house was terribly quiet after he left, so I decided to go to the gym and grocery store.  Of course I forgot my list and coupons (I wonder where my head was), so I had to make a quick trip home in between.

His bus home was 15 minutes late, but just as I was starting to worry I saw it coming down the street.  Brady was sound asleep, which did not bode well for his afternoon nap!

Brady gets a daily sheet sent home to tell me how he did.  Today he played with play doh and puzzles.  During circle time his teacher said he was very energetic, haha.  Overall his mood was happy, and she said he did great today!  Yes, it was even underlined.  Whew!  Let's hope things continue to go this well.


We went to Sport Bounce last week to squeeze in some fun before school started.

He loves the slide!





A kid-powered train. Great idea! Except really Mommy had to power it from behind. My poor back!

One last slide.

And for our last splash of summer, we hit the fountains for a little fun.






Our official first day of school pose.

At the bus stop


Meeting the bus aide


Wait, last time I was on one of these I was able to sit in the driver's seat!


Buckled up and ready to roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment