In the morning, we usually wake up when Brady comes into our room. We usually hear his door open and close to alert us he's on the move. Well, on this particular Sunday morning we heard a door open and close... and then no visitor. I always panic a little thinking Brady will go into Nathan's room and wake him (he is a late sleeper), so I jumped up and looked at the monitor. Brady was still asleep. What?! I hopped out of bed and ran into the hallway, and Nathan's door was open! His crib was empty, so I went downstairs. I found him looking into the garage- I think he was wondering if we had all left him since we are always awake before he wakes up.
 |
| He seems proud of himself, doesn't he? |
 |
| He was really exploring his climbing skills that day. |
At naptime that day he wouldn't stay in his crib either, so we rocked him to sleep. At bedtime that night he escaped at least six times. I put a child lock on his doorknob, and he dismantled it in 30 seconds. We ended up having to pat his back and practically hold him down in bed to get him to sleep that night. So the next day, I found a toddler bed on a yard sale site and we grabbed it.
 |
| I guess all that excitement the night before wore them out. |
 |
| We came home and put it together right away. |
 |
| That night he was all smiles (and locked in his room). |
 |
| Success! |
 |
| In fact he slept so well, Brady and I had to wake him up the next morning. |
 |
| The people at the ranch sent me some photos that they had taken during Brady's sessions. They were able to get some great shots of our happy boy! |
 |
| Brady was a hit with the ladies at the ranch. |
 |
| I ran my first trial race in April. Fun stuff! |
 |
| At swimming lessons, Brady's teacher has been working hard to get him to float on his back. He's reluctant to put his head back in the water. |
 |
| Finally! |
 |
| Bus stop selfies |
 |
| Our kitchen window was rotted beyond repair, so we got a new one recently. It's so nice- I never thought I'd be this excited by a window! |
 |
| I put a couple dolls into the boys' fire station... I found them in the garbage. Nathan is quite a stinker these days! |
No comments:
Post a Comment