Brady had his 2 month check-up yesterday with the pediatrician. He weighs 12 lbs, 1.6 oz (50-75th percentile), measures 23 1/8" long (50th percentile), and his head circumference is 15 1/4" (25th percentile). The doctor said he looked very good and was pleased with his progress. She was also very sweet to entertain the list of 20 questions that I had. Nothing too surprising in her answers, but I think I may try to switch Brady back to a milk-based formula once this can runs out.
Brady also had to get four immunizations at this appointment. The first was in liquid form to be taken orally, and the nurse was surprised with the way he enthusiastically sucked it down. Was he hungry, she asked? Nope. Just ate. She said she's never seen a two-month old take it that well. Clearly she doesn't know my son and his healthy appetite! The next three immunizations were shots in his legs, and he was not pleased with that. The poor kid turned four shades of red and held his breath so long I wasn't sure what would happen. Well, screaming is what happened. But I swaddled him up and used my secret weapon sleeper hold on him and he fell right asleep. Poor traumatized baby.
Later that evening, Mom, Steve, and Casey stopped by on their way home from Florida. Casey and I ran out to get dinner, and when we got back Brady was in rough shape. He obviously felt bad from the shots, and it was nearly impossible to console him. In fact, me trying to eat dinner was quite comical. If I would bend, move my hand an inch, or even think of sitting down, he let me know very clearly that he did not approve. Mom and Steve then went on a wild goose chase for some infant Tylenol. Infant Tylenol was recalled a couple months ago, and it is still not back on the shelves. The doctor suggested we get a generic version, which seemed simple enough. At the third store, they finally found some, thank goodness! And thank goodness they were here, I'm positive I could not have managed that outing on my own. Today Brady is back to his old self again, hooray! I will be sure to schedule his next immunizations when Pete is in town!
Mom and Steve left this morning, and Casey will be staying here until next Saturday. She's already been a huge help- I took a nap today that was way overdue!
No comments:
Post a Comment