Thursday, April 14, 2011

Play time

My sister gently reminded me the other day that it has been a while since I updated the blog.  Well, here you go, Sis!  Brady and I have been going out somewhere almost every day, and since we've had some warm weather lately we've been taking advantage and going for long walks around the neighborhood.  Brady is spellbound when we are pushing him outside in the stroller- it is literally the only time he will sit still!

We have also started classes once a week at Gymboree.  It's a play center that uses music and exercise to encourage development and of course fun!  I'm also doing it to get Brady used to being around a large group of kids since I'll be going back to work in August and he will be starting day care.  So far he's been pretty overwhelmed, and the only thing he really wants to play with is a beach ball (Seriously?  All this equipment and you want to play with a $0.99 beach ball!?).  Oh well.  We're working on it.

He's doing great with his eating these days.  He'll try anything that I cut up and put on his tray.  He likes to feed himself, and he also likes to store things in his cheeks for later.  We've found peas in his crib, toast on the floor of the living room, etc.

He is pulling up on everything and has been practicing balancing by holding on with only one hand.  Yesterday I saw him squat to get down for the first time- usually he just plops down on his rear end or yells for us to help him down.  And he loves to walk around like a big boy when you hold his hands.


The socks are off and he's ready to go!


Cooking up something good.

Pat-a-cake

It's music time!


"This is the biggest ball I've ever seen."

"That's more like it!"


"Crawl into a tunnel?  I don't know about that one, Mom."

No comments:

Post a Comment