Loraine and JT came to spend Pete's birthday and Thanksgiving with us. We always love having family come for a visit, but it's especially fun during a holiday. It was a month ago (my New Year's resolution is to stay up to date on the blog), so I'll do my best to remember all the fun we had!
 |
| Nathan quickly learned that he can always count on Grandma to give him chocolate (see evidence on chin) |
 |
| Loraine, JT, Nathan, and I took a little walk downtown one morning. |
 |
| We went to National Harbor to see ICE!- two million pounds of ice sculpted in the theme of Frosty the Snowman |
 |
| Poor Nathan was bundled up so tight that he could barely move! |
 |
| There were even ice slides |
 |
| It was actually a pretty warm day on the outside of the exhibit, so we explored a little. |
 |
| We capped the night off with dinner and a ride on the Capital Wheel. |
 |
| When we got home, we had Pete's birthday cookie for dessert. |
 |
| The next day we decided to put up our tree. It was quite an undertaking- a couple strands of lights were out, so Pete, JT, and I spent several hours cutting lights out of it. I DO NOT recommend this, it's much harder that it seems like it should be! |
 |
| I made a big Thanksgiving dinner, but my boys ate: Ranch dressing (licked off vegetables he didn't eat) |
 |
| and dinner rolls. |
 |
| Game time |
 |
| We finally had working lights, so it was time to decorate! |
 |
| Some goodbye snuggles for Grandma. We miss you! |
No comments:
Post a Comment