Friday, May 1, 2015

March (it's a big one, grab a snack)

March came in like a lion, out like a lamb. Here's everything that was in between.
 
I ran the Reston 10 Miler with my friend, Erin.


Luckily we finished before the big snowstorm really got going.
 
Brady tries his hand at pigs in a blanket.
Sunny day snow adventures in the neighborhood









Crazy man on a snow mountain


We got a little food coloring and painted our snow one morning.







Thank goodness I got these tiny shovels. They kept the boys very busy in March.


For my birthday, Denise took me to see an awesome 80's cover band!


The boys and I tried out a paint-your-own pottery place.


Conveniently, it was right next door to a Dunkin Donuts.


We had our big holly trees trimmed one morning, and they brought this fantastic truck!

Nathan was mesmerized, and Brady was totally bummed that he missed it.


The finished product.
I spent the miserable winter training for the Rock n Roll DC half marathon. Naturally, it poured during the entire race.






It took me forever to get warm again, but it ended up being my best race to date.

I made green eggs and ham for St. Patrick's Day. Not surprisingly, they did not eat them here or there. They will not eat them anywhere.
 
Brady was selected to be part of a hippotherapy research study. Hippotherapy incorporates occupational, physical, and speech therapies and can have many benefits for children with Autism. Of course it's one of those things that is very expensive and not covered by insurance, so we were super excited to get this opportunity.

He was very happy and comfortable on his horse from the start.







We had nothing to do one morning so we went to a little shopping center's play area.






And then this happened when we went back to the van. I dropped my keys and they slid right down into that storm drain. Never a dull moment.
 
A little nighttime snack of cold peas.
The boys and I got out the blue and gold for our sweet sixteen game. Let's just say that game turned out to be not so sweet...

Snuggled up with his early birthday gift blanket from Suzy and her mom.

 


I got to race go karts with some crazy coworkers as part of a team building event.

It was pretty intense- and I was sore for a few days afterward!
Maggie (and her handlers) have come a long way in the last year!

No comments:

Post a Comment