Unfortunately the weather forecast shows another snow coming Tuesday evening, and the meteorologists are predicting another 5-10" here. It's already been the third snowiest winter in DC history, who knows where we'll end up. On the bright side, school was canceled Friday, Monday, and Tuesday, and we just got word that we will be closed for the rest of this week. Yippee!
So what else have we been up to? Well, I'm glad you asked. Pete went skiing at Snowshoe last weekend with three guys from work. It sounds like they had a really good time, but he forgot the camera so you'll just have to take his word for it. He was a little rusty since he has not skied in about seven years. The first day he had a run-in with the ski lift and took a few hard falls, but by the second day he was doing much better! He had fun, and next time, if I'm lucky, they might allow the women to tag along!
For the last three weekends I've been taking a class at the community college. It's Basic 35mm SLR Photography. I was the only student using a dinosaur (film camera), but we wanted to make sure it was something I was going to really like before we committed to the upgrade to digital. Well, it was a great class and I had a blast reviewing all the creative controls on my SLR camera and taking field trips for the sole purpose of taking pictures. Unfortunately, because I was shooting film, you don't get to see any of my homework. But we did end up buying a digital SLR after I completed the class, so I'm looking forward to taking it out once the snow melts and I'm off house arrest. Not that I'm complaining- you know I love snow days!
P.S.- We want to wish Aunt Mary Gay and Suzy a very Happy Birthday!
Thanks for the wishes, Gayle & Pete! Great pictures-this was the new camera, right? Happy snow week!
ReplyDeleteVery cool pictures, Gayle! That class paid off! =)
ReplyDeleteQuestion: The bird feeders... how many are there?!?
Let's try to catch up this week! =)
Love the pictures:)Snow...what a faint memory!
ReplyDeleteKim-marie