Thursday, March 4, 2010

Feeling good

I'm feeling positive today, so I figured I'd better let you know about it! February and March (so far) have been very good on the domestic adoption front. Our autobiography has gone out to three birthparents in the past four weeks! It's fantastic news that our book is being circulated so much. This is the tool that the birthparents use to choose an adoptive family. It's a book that we created that tells about our life and why we want to adopt. It includes some narration, plus a lot of pictures of us, our family, and our friends.

I try to check in with the agency once per month, which is what they recommend. It's ironic that they called me today about our book going out because I was dying to email yesterday, but it had only been two weeks since my last email! Keep your fingers crossed that one of these birthparents will be the right match for us. We are coming up on the two-year mark since we started the adoption process. I am hopeful that we won't have to wait much longer.

1 comment:

  1. that IS fantastic news! oh, i'm getting VERY EXCITED already! please keep me posted! let me know when you're free for coffee or dinner, too. it's been too long -- i miss you!

    ReplyDelete