Monday, June 14, 2010

DC, smiles, and a clean happy baby

Last week Dad, Lyla, Dustin, and Daniel came for a visit.  On Friday Brady and I joined them for lunch and shopping, and I got to see Brady smile for the first time in reaction to something I did!  We were in the percussion section at a music store, and I was shaking a little shaker-egg for him.  It was similar to his rattle, but louder, and he liked it!  Of course I've been trying to get more smiles out of him ever since with no luck.

Saturday I left Brady at home with Pete, and I joined the family on a trip into DC.  We went to Arlington Cemetery, the American History Museum, and the Lincoln Memorial.  It was hot and we walked about a million miles, but it was a good time.  We capped the night off with dinner at Cheeburger Cheeburger, and I could tell that Brady was anticipating the day when he can try one of their yummy milkshakes.


In other important milestone news, last night was the first bath that Brady tolerated without crying and screaming!  Let's hope he keeps it up!

Grandma Loraine arrives in town this evening.  Brady is very excited to finally meet her and is totally ready for 11 days of spoiling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment