Monday, February 6, 2012

Planes, trains, and automobiles

Brady still loves cows, horses, and sheep as much as always.  But there are a couple new things that get him as excited as livestock.... airplanes and trains.  I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but he goes bananas for both of them now.  His words for them are the same (they do rhyme, I guess), so the only way you'll figure out what he's talking about is by context clues.  If you're lucky he'll use their sounds instead- "woo woo" or "wwwwwooah."

Our library had a used book sale last week, and I decided to chance it and take Brady with me.  He's not the most patient shopper, so I knew my time would be very limited, but I was hoping to get there on the first day for the best selection.

The children's books were in boxes on the floor, and Brady tore right into them (in case I haven't mentioned it, he loves books almost as much as cows, planes, and trains).  He went from box to box pulling out everything he liked, yelling MOO! BAA! NEIGH!  He even found a novel with an airplane on it, but he was pretty disappointed when he brought it to me to read to him and found that it had thousands of words and not one picture.

This weekend we took a road trip to WV to see the family.  Brady is all over the place and into everything right now, so it was fun to watch him explore everyone's houses with his new-found mobility.  And when he's outside, look out!  He takes off at a sprint in exactly the opposite direction you'd like him to go.  That boy loves a good chase.
He's making a run for it!

An unseasonably warm winter day at the park


Catch me if you can!


Waiting patiently for his first mall train ride

 

And not so patiently

Choo-choo!

Reading one of his finds from the book sale, a new favorite!

Some serious bed head after his nap



Another warm day, also known as FREEDOM!

Doing his happy dance

This summer I predict that I'm going to have to drag this kid indoors kicking and screaming.



Getting a little help from Aunt Casey

Where did my little baby go?

I know one of these buttons works that big screen

A new park to visit

No hands!




Fan on! Fan off! This game never gets old.

No comments:

Post a Comment