Friday, January 17, 2014

Nathan's party and first haircut

It feels like we've been going nonstop since Thanksgiving, so it's nice to finally have this weekend to catch our breath.  There's very little on our calendars for the foreseeable future, and I'm pretty excited about that!


When he's not busy emptying the wipes, he's unrolling the toilet paper.


Unfortunately this cutie wasn't the good luck charm that the Packers needed.







Check out Nathan's leg. Very flexible for such a chub!

We had Nathan's first birthday party last weekend.  I was worried that no one would be able to make it since it was so close to the holidays, but we had a pretty good turn out!  Nathan got a little freaked out when everyone sang to him, but other than that I think a good time was had by all.

I made a banner with monthly pictures of the man of the hour.


Eat your heart out, Pinterest.


His cake was as yummy as it was cute (I didn't make this one)





Oh yeah, he's got the hang of this cake thing.





















The great PB&J massacre

Nathan had his 12 month pediatrician appointment this week.  He weighs 26 lbs 4 oz (98th percentile), is 30 1/4" tall (75th percentile), and his big brains are housed in a 19" head (95th percentile).  The doctor commented that one year olds aren't usually as easy to examine as he was.  He's such an laid back little guy.  What's funny is I looked back at what I wrote about Brady's 12 month visit, and the doctor said the exact opposite!  My boys- yin and yang.




Nathan went after this spaghetti dinner. We have to hose him down after meals now, but I'm so happy that he is trying new things. I do wish he didn't feel the need to rub it in his hair, though.

Brady's new rice bin. I had just as much fun making this as Brady had playing in it.
Shopping buddies

And here's some one year old pictures I took of the sweet boy...















Aaannnnd here's some terrible pictures of the brothers!


After months of nagging, Pete finally convinced me that it was time for Nathan's first haircut. Just a little trim, anyway. :)





He did very well!  He only cried a little, and I suspect that was because of what was going on in the next chair...

And you don't get an "after" picture because what was happening in the next chair soon took all of our attention.  But don't worry, I'm sure I'll take more pictures tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment