Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Baby Shower!

Suzy and Kim-marie threw me a baby shower last Friday, 4/16. They did an amazing job, especially considering the short notice they were working with! Evan hosted it at her beautiful home, and it was the perfect setting for an evening with friends. I thought it was going to be only the gang from work, but they surprised me by inviting my other friends too. Denise came all the way from WV, Bethany, Sam and Jessica made the trek from MD, and Katie came from Alexandria! It was a blast, I'm so glad I was able to celebrate with everyone.


Games/favors



Carmel and Cathy




Yummy food


Kim-marie introducing Sam to everyone


So cute!


Bruce, always a good sport about being surrounded by women


Aww, more cute



Denise was fabulous as my gift secretary



an assist from Sam


being forced to play games


Edna and Lolita


Betty and Katy


Theresa and Brenda

Katie, Jessica, me, Bethany, & Sam (I guess Bruce wasn't the only male attendee!)


Carmel, Evan, Theresa, Suzy (finally out from behind the camera)



Suzy, Gayle, Evan, Kim-marie


Group photo!

Suzy and me

Charlie's Angels (...OK, so nobody calls us that except us!)
Tomorrow morning we leave for Florida. We're not totally packed yet, but we are getting closer. Mark is here to watch the animals, so that is a HUGE help.
We're going to stay in Clearwater for the first few nights and see what happens. I am going to try to update the blog daily, as long as we have internet access. As of right now the birthmother's c-section is scheduled for April 28. However, she has been having some lower back pain that may mean she will go sooner. She has a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon, so maybe we'll have some more info then.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Gayle, I'm so unbelievably excited for you!

    Your shower looked INCREDIBLE; I'm so sad I had to miss it. Suzy and Kim-Marie outdid themselves and your presents look fabulous.

    You are in my thoughts and I can't wait to see your beautiful son!!! xoxooxox

    ReplyDelete