We got the call! We got the call! It went something like this...
Social worker: The birthmother chose you.
Gayle: The birthmother chose what?
Social worker: The birthmother chose you!
Gayle: (long pause) OH!
Here is what we know so far. It's a boy, and the birthmother is due on April 28. We will be traveling to Florida to meet him, and we will probably have to stay from 7-10 days.
I've cycled through several emotions since receiving the call on Wednesday afternoon.
1. Shock. What? Really? Is this really happening?
2. Relief. Oh my. It's really happening.
3. Elation. I'm going to be a MOM! Finally!
4. Panic. Only three weeks to prepare. And Pete will be out of town for 2 of them!
5. Terror. Will this really happen? A lot can change in three weeks.
Needless to say, it's been an exciting couple of days. I was at work when I got the call, so my coworkers were among the first to know (my hysterical crying was hard to hide). Even though I hate being the center of attention, I really enjoyed spreading the good news to my work family!
That evening Suzy, Chris, Kim-marie, Jamie, and Noel surprised us with flowers and cute little bibs. The next morning Evan baked me sugar cookies with blue icing, plus she gave us an adorable outfit and blankie. And then we got some congratulatory flowers from Beth, Mike, and Sam! Everyone's calls and emails have meant so much to me. We have amazing friends who have been so supportive throughout this process. I truly could not have made it this far without being able to lean on them every day.
If there were a 'like' button, I'd press it a million times! :o)
ReplyDeletehey, you already have the lingo down, saying "blankie"... ha ha ha! =)
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see you to CELEBRATE!!! Yahoo!!!
you are going to be THE BEST MOM EVER and i couldn't be happier for you! =)
We are so thrilled for you 3! This is the post we have all been waiting for and we are thrilled to celebrate with you. A huge congratulations! J, M & E
ReplyDeleteWe love you!!!
ReplyDelete