Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Brady, what else?!

Whew, what a crazy few days it has been! When we got home Monday night, we immediately crashed. We were so relieved to finally be home, but we were also so tired of being on the road. Tuesday and today we mostly played catch-up. We have been taking turns entertaining Brady while the other person vacuums, grocery shops, does laundry, etc. It takes us about quadruple the time it used to to do anything, but we are slowly making progress.

Today was a busy day. We had Brady's 2 week check-up with our pediatrician. I had about 20 questions written down for her, but of course I forgot the list. She was very nice and answered everything we could think of. Brady is doing very well, and is up to 8 pounds now. The only bummer was that they had to re-do the metabolic screen that we had done in FL. Evidently they were not confident that the results would find their way back to VA. Brady was not a happy camper, and neither was Mommy. His poor foot got jabbed over and over. He recovered quickly, though. Nothing a little hugging can't fix!

This afternoon Brady had his first visitors! Aunts Suzy and Kim-marie came by after work. It was fun to show him off, even if he did spit up on Kim-marie's shirt. I'm sure it was nothing personal. I'd love to show you pictures, but I forgot to take any. In fact, I realized tonight that I have not taken one picture since we came home. I guess I've been so busy/tired/insane that it's slipped my mind. Not to worry- Mom, Steve, and Casey are coming tomorrow, and I'm sure the extra hands will help me out tremendously.

Until then, here's a shot from what felt like the longest drive in the history of travel. Don't worry, we were not moving when this was taken!

1 comment:

  1. Auntie Kim didn't mind a little spit up....that was Brady's way of expressing how much he loves me:)LOL!

    ReplyDelete