Monday, May 24, 2010

The parade of visitors continues...

Brady has had a lot of fun meeting some more friends and family. Denise came to visit us on Friday, and she stayed for the weekend. We're really happy because she just got a job offer in the area, so we will soon live a lot closer!

Bethany came over on Sunday, just in time for Brady's lunch. She got to feed him his bottle, but unfortunately I forgot to take any pictures. I'm sure we'll see her again soon, so no worries there.

Today Aunt Nancy Rae came to see us and took us out to lunch. We had a fun time and Brady slept the entire time we were at the restaurant. Which brings me to my exciting revelation: CAR SEAT= HAPPINESS.

I realized late last week that Brady would sleep really well not only in the car, but also would continue to sleep in his seat once we got home. I'm not talking about his usual 20 minute catnaps here, this is the real deal! I tested my theory today. Unfortunately the hiccups prevented Brady from falling asleep on the way to the restaurant, but he was able to recover once we sat down. I just plopped his seat on the table, put his visor down so the light was out of his eyes, and magically he slept. I ate at a nice, leisurely pace, not the one-handed, gulp-it-down-as-fast-as-you-can-even-if-it's-burning-your-mouth dining that I've grown accustomed to.

When we got home, it was time for his lunch so I fed him, rocked him, and when he went back to sleep I put him back in the car seat instead of his pack & play. It worked so well that I was able to carry him downstairs and USE THE ELLIPTICAL MACHINE! Shower! Lunch! Exercise! Today was a victory!



Someone was comfortable in this picture, take a guess who.


Classic Brady pose
The secret to my success.
Brady is clearly very excited that he'll be seeing a lot more of Denise soon.
Brady working his charms on Great Aunt Nancy Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment