Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First pediatrician visit

Yesterday was Brady's first visit to the pediatrician. It was a long day, because we also went back to the hospital where he was born for bloodwork. And while we were up that way, we stopped by the hotel where we stayed to collect the entire drawer full of stuff that we forgot to take with us. What can I say- my mind wasn't totally focused on packing the morning we checked out, haha!

Brady weighed in at 7 lbs, 6 oz yesterday, which was good. If I'm reading the graph correctly, he is at the 25th percentile for weight, 75th percentile for length, and 20th percentile for head circumference.

The doctor was pleased with Brady's exam. It sounds like he is doing very well. He received his first immunization and turned a color of red that I have not seen before on his little face. Not happy! But other than that, Brady was very tolerant of the exam. What a good boy he is! He even slept for most of the car ride, which was about 5 hours total. Let's hope he continues to be such a good traveler. We have lots of family and friends who want to meet him!

We don't have many pictures to post since we spent most of the day on the go. I'll try and make up for it next time. :)

No news yet on when we might be able to leave. I'll probably check in with the agency at the end of the week if we haven't heard anything by then. Our time in FL has been great so far, though. The condo has been a wonderful temporary home for us, and I'm always happy to spend time in the warm sunny weather!




3 comments:

  1. Yay on a good dr's visit!!! =) Adam has always been so skinny (just like his mama -- um, yeah) so if he hit's the 25th%ile we're thrilled!!!

    He is SOOOO PRECIOUS, Gayle. Seriously, I can not wait to meet him!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I love the car photo. Car seat, mini van, y'all are true suburbanites now! And that has to be the biggest carseat I have ever seen! Don't you feel so guilty when you bring him to the doctor and you know it is going to hurt? It's okay, he won't remember! Keep having fun and sleeping when you can. You are so lucky that he sleeps in the car! Enjoy every minute. Before you know it, he will graduate from grad school and live in another state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Brady (and his parents)! Those pediatrician visits are difficult. He is looking fantastic - happy and healthy just as his doc confirmed. Now I just need to hug him up. -J, M & E

    ReplyDelete