Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Official!

Hi all! Sorry for the delay in posting, but finding internet has proved more challenging than we expected! Never fear, though- the library is only around the corner. Now, where did we leave off?

Friday morning was a BIG day for our new family of three. BM signed her adoption papers around 8:00 am, and then we followed with ours around 9:00 am. I thought I was surely going to pass out from the anxiety that morning, but everything worked out just fine, the way was it was supposed to!

Brady was discharged around 11:00 am. Here is our first shot as an official family, just before we left the hospital.

And here he is all ready to roll in the car seat. The trip to the condo was about two and a half hours, and fortunately he slept through the entire trip.

This was his first bottle outside of the hospital. Hooray!

Here are some more pictures of the cutie, mostly eating and sleeping since that's really all he does. :)























We are all doing very well. Brady continues to be a good eater, usually every 3-4 hours. He likes to be held, which works out well for all of us! Diaper changes are a bit of a challenge, but we're getting faster. We're also learning how to stay out of the "line of fire." I think we are going to try to give him a sponge bath today, so that should be interesting.
Tomorrow is his first visit to the pediatrician, and we're excited about that. Not so much about the car ride, but maybe we'll get lucky and he'll sleep through it again.

7 comments:

  1. He's a cutie and also amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAYLE!!! he is soooooooooo gorgeous, he's breathtaking!!!

    poor suzy - i've been emailing her almost every day for updates (i've missed your posts). i want to call but don't want to wake up brady? i'll probably risk it and call you tomorrow, anyway... you know i'll be SHRIEKING WITH JOY (apologies in advance).

    He is soooo incredibly precious -- i love the photos -- i've never seen you happier (or more glowing either). can't wait for you all to get home... i have lots of goodies for brady!

    remember how we sat at caribou and i answered your list of questions -- and now he's here -- and drinking enfamil! yes! =)

    sending tons of xoxoxooxo to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter & Gayle,
    Oh my! My heart almost stopped in my chest when I first looked at my beautiful grandson! He is absolutely gorgeous! I just cannot wait to hold him in my arms!! I am so happy for you both, you are both just glowing and I can't wait to be with all three of you!!
    All my love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic update, fantastic pictures, fantastic family. I could not be happier and cannot wait to meet the little guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoo Hoo! I'm sooo happy for your new family! And Brady is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing to see how much he's changed already. He's absolutely gorgeous!!! You make a beautiful family! I am sooooo thrilled for you all.

    ReplyDelete