Tuesday, May 18, 2010

More visitors, an outing, and back to work

Brady is a popular little dude! Suzy and Chris stopped by this weekend to see him again (Suzy) and meet him for the first time (Chris).

Brady was making some hilarious faces at Chris. I think Brady was buttering him up in hopes that Chris will take him to see a Nats game!
Yesterday our social worker came to do our first post-placement home visit. We are required to do one of these per month until the adoption is finalized, probably in six months. It was quick and painless, and Brady slept through the whole thing.

Our first attempt at the swing. He's still a little small for it!


Isn't this outfit adorable?


Today Brady and I went to the high school to visit my work family. He was met by a mob of people eager to meet (and hold) him! It was good to see everyone- I've missed them over the past month.

Bernie brainwashing Brady on the merits of UVA over WVU. We'll see about that...


Cathy was excited to finally get her turn with the little man.


Kim-marie, always thrilled to have her picture taken.

This was Pete's first week back to work. Well, technically he worked Thursday of last week, but he had Friday off so it doesn't really count. Monday was quite an adjustment for us. I showered at lightning speed while Brady cried, but I guess at least I showered! Brady likes to sleep in my arms but not in his pack and play, so most of my day was spent rocking him and catching up on reading. It's hard for me to be so sedentary, but I'm learning. Fortunately he sleeps well at night in his crib.
Today was a little better- I was able to get him to lay back down after his 8 am feeding, so I could take a full-length shower and even eat a bowl of oatmeal. We successfully managed an outing, and thanks to Suzy, we had a home-cooked meal! I think tomorrow I'm going to see if he'll nap a little better in his crib instead of in the living room. This may be the secret to a successful day, where more than one thing gets checked off the to-do list.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet, Gayle! I love that pic of Kim-Marie, beautiful!

    All right... as a past Heritage family member, I think I deserve a visiting pass. =) Let me know when you're ready for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gayle & Peter,
    Don't worry Gayle, pretty soon you will feel like an old hand at this and you'll wonder why you ever worried about it! I cannot wait until I'm one of those visitors and am holding Brady myself! Everytime I check your blog, I show those pics to everyone who walks into my office. Someone accused me of being a PROUD GRANDMA...I just don't know what they were talking about! I can't wait to see you all..I'm counting the days!!
    love you, mom

    ReplyDelete